17 Apr What are the Top 5 Certifications You Should Have to Work at Criterion?
By Krissy Rogers, Recruiting Manager
Criterion provides services to government agencies in the following areas: Cybersecurity, IT Infrastructure, Systems Engineering & Application Development with core competencies encompassing Cybersecurity, IT Infrastructure, and Systems Engineering.
While there are many types of certifications you can pursue, here are the top five you should have to work at Criterion in positions supporting the areas referenced above:
- CompTIA Network + CE: CompTIA Network+ is a performance-based certification that helps you develop a career in IT infrastructure by validating the hands-on skills needed to troubleshoot, configure, and manage both wired and wireless networks.
- CompTIA Security + CE: CompTIA Security+ is a global certification that validates the baseline skills you need to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
- CISSP: The CISSP is an objective measure of excellence. It’s the most globally recognized standard of achievement in the industry. And this cybersecurity certification was the first information security credential to meet the strict conditions of ISO/IEC Standard 17024.
- CEH: A Certified Ethical Hacker is a skilled professional who understands and knows how to look for weaknesses and vulnerabilities in target systems and uses the same knowledge and tools as a malicious hacker, but in a lawful and legitimate manner to assess the security posture of a target system(s). The CEH credential certifies individuals in the specific network security discipline of Ethical Hacking from a vendor-neutral perspective.
- CISA: The CISA designation is a globally recognized certification for IS audit control, assurance and security professionals.
When it comes to cybersecurity, there are even more useful certifications. Here is a graphic that explains them well:
Priority of Certifications
A frequent question from candidates is “In what order should I pursue these certifications?” Criterion follows the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) approved 8570 Baseline Certifications. These are broken into different levels:
Supporting our Employees
Knowing our employees will need to keep current on certifications, Criterion provides up to $3,000 per calendar year to employees for education and training assistance for job-related courses. This would include certifications.