13 Feb Top 5 Reasons Criterion is a Great Place to Work
By Krissy Rogers, Recruiting Manager
It seems not a day goes by without a headline somewhere screaming about the shortage of skilled employees, particularly in IT and cybersecurity. The recruiting team here at Criterion is, of course, on the frontlines of this challenge. Through this regular column, we hope to give you an inside look at the company, its culture, and our recruiting process. Even if you are not thinking about making a change today, we hope you keep reading and reach out to us when you are ready.
We are looking for individuals that have a combination of outstanding technical skills and entrepreneurial spirit to help build our capabilities. Our careers page has a dozen testimonials from employees in many different functions and levels of the organization, and I encourage you to visit the page and learn more about the company and its great team members. In the meantime, let me give you the top five reasons Criterion is a great place to work:
- Criterion Systems is a rapidly growing employee-owned, private mid-sized IT services government contractor founded in 2005. We have a large footprint primarily focused on customers with national security missions. As we say on our website: This is more than a job – it is a calling, and we stop at nothing to ensure our customers are able to execute their missions in support of the United States of America.
- We offer a strong compensation and benefits package plus an employee outreach and retention program centered on communications, camaraderie, recognition, and career tracks.
- We are proud to be a successful IT services contractor that provides information security, software development, and other technology services to customers across the Federal Government.
- In 2017, Criterion continued to be an industry recognized Cybersecurity and IT leader, receiving the Moxie Award in the Cybersecurity category.
- Criterion was also recognized on the Prestigious Inc. 5000 List in 2017 as one of the fastest growing private companies in America. In the last two years, Criterion has almost tripled its revenue and total staff strength as a result of organic growth across our current contracts supporting agencies such as the Department of Energy (DOE) and recent contract awards with new customers including the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) National Information Technology Center (NITC) ($85M) and the Department of Commerce ($25M).
As recruiters, we are dedicated to finding the best talent for Criterion and our customers. In the coming months we’ll be sharing information here about what it is like to work at Criterion and how you can optimize your chances of being hired by us. Our team includes:
- Krissy Rogers, Recruiting Manager – Krissy is an HR professional with more than 10 years of experience in Human Resources and Talent Acquisition. When she is not managing the Recruiting department she likes to spend time with her family, including their two Italian Mastiffs, and cook.
- Christy Cooper, Senior Recruiter – Christy is an alumni of VA Tech and has more than 16 years of experience with full-cycle recruitment, training, and customer outreach. She is considered an expert within cybersecurity recruitment, but still loves recruiting other IT roles. When she is not in the office then you can find her chasing her two young children, impersonating a gourmet chef in the kitchen, or taking long naps (you have to recharge somehow, right?).
- Eleanor Aubrey, Recruiter – Eleanor, a George Washington University graduate, has six years of experience in the recruiting industry both domestically and abroad. She has hired candidates across a variety of industries including office support, finance, fast-moving consumer goods, warehousing, aerospace, defense, energy, IT, and cyber security. When Eleanor is not recruiting she spends her time as an artist creating pottery, paper goods, and jewelry.
If there are topics you would like to hear about, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org. We constantly post new openings and featured jobs on our LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter channels, so feel free to follow!