14 May Criterion Systems Announces CyberScale™ Compliance and Risk Management Solution
VIENNA, Va., May 14, 2019 – Criterion Systems, Inc. announced today the upcoming availability of CyberScale™, a U.S. patent-pending cybersecurity compliance and risk management solution designed to help United States Federal Departments and Agencies (D&As) develop, deploy, and employ cybersecurity and privacy (CS&P) programs that focus on operating in cyberspace instead of just reacting to it.
While the cybersecurity threat environment is well known as a key challenge for Federal D&As, there are other, equally important issues that need to be addressed when they seek to improve and enhance their CS&P programs. These are:
- Increasing Federal CS&P-related regulatory requirements, oversight, and guidance
- The accelerating move to a risk management versus a compliance approach
- Growing resource and budget constraints
CyberScale™ Improves Cybersecurity and Privacy Program Maturity and Resilience
The CyberScale Compliance and Risk Management solution provides a unique approach for streamlining compliance and mitigating, measuring, and reporting CS&P risk at every level of an organization. It identifies and evaluates CS&P risk using the NIST Cybersecurity Framework. It also determines an organization’s CS&P maturity and works to manage and track cybersecurity and privacy risk mitigation and the remediation response. The benefits of such an approach include a holistic view of CS&P maturity and risk impact throughout the enterprise. These organizations can then establish a CS&P baseline to manage and track cyber risk activities, establish targets, and conduct “what if” planning to reach those targets.
“By supporting a variety of cybersecurity risk profiles and models, CyberScale saves organizations significant time and resources, while helping them to truly understand the as-is state of their CS&P programs. For example, it tracks more than 1,700 data points, delivering greater in-depth analysis than any other tool or methodology available,” explained Dan Chandler, Criterion’s CISO and Vice President of product development for CyberScale. “Furthermore, our solution also helps organizations build a roadmap to help them continuously improve their program maturity and resilience.”
Key Features of CyberScale™
- Provides repeatable and measurable process to measure CS&P Framework Profile or risk level over time
- Applies transformative improvements to optimize CS&P programs, operations, projects, or systems
- Supports transition from a program compliance model to a risk management model while improving cyber resilience capabilities
- Provides holistic, integrated, and pragmatic approach for continuous CS&P programs, operations, projects, or system improvement and enhancement
- Identifies needed modifications to CS&P Framework Profile when new threats arise or CS&P requirements or mission/business strategy changes
About Criterion Systems
Criterion Systems, Inc. (Criterion) is a large business systems integrator and cyber operations-focused company. Since 2005, Criterion has provided cybersecurity, IT infrastructure operations, systems engineering, and application development across our nation’s mission-critical environments. Criterion is Capability Maturity Model Integration CMMI-DEV and CMMI-SVC Level 3 certified and an International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001-2015, ISO 20000-1:2011, and ISO 27001:2013 company. Headquartered in Vienna, Va., with offices in Albuquerque, N.M., and Las Vegas, Nev., Criterion supports customer operations at 35 sites worldwide. For more information, please visit the website: www.criterion-sys.com.
Media Contact: Elizabeth Albrycht, email@example.com, 571-364-9259.